The AppExchange launched in 2005 as the “iTunes of Business Apps” on the Force.com platform, and after a slow start has enjoyed a geometrically increasing amount of popularity. This is not only evident in the number of providers and apps, but also in the number of apps installed – over a million app installs last year and around 1.5 million so far this year.
More recently salesforce.com has refreshed the AppExchange and we at Tquila believe a number of the changes will bolster salesforce.com’s position as a market leader. A few important changes that we’ve noticed are:
- An emphasis on images as is the ever-growing trend on most of the internet. A picture is worth a thousands words and is incredibly engaging so make sure that you’ve got a great logo and your images are top-notch.
- Social media sharing is more obvious.
- The site design has been brought up-to-date giving clients more confidence that your cutting edge solution really is cutting edge!
- More categories and search options but not so many that they’re overwhelming.
- It looks awesome on mobile devices!
These are some of our favourite features, what are some of yours?